Halloween is fast approaching and nothing makes my kids smile more then when I bring out the Halloween fabrics. There are so many fun and cute things that can be done with Halloween fabric. One of my favorite things to do is make the kids a Halloween pillowcase every year. They are fast fun and easy to do. They use them the whole month of October then on Halloween we wash them up(or trick or treat day) and turn them into our trick or treating candy bags. Very durable, holds lots of candy, and most importantly makes all of the neighborhood kids jealous! Below you will find my step by step directions on making a Halloween pillowcase!
1. First you get 3/4 yard of your favorite Halloween fabric and then a 1/4 of a yard of a matching coordinate fabric.
2. Then you will take your accent or coordinate fabric, fold it in half and press, with the print side on the outside. Then put it aside.
3. Take your main fabric for the pillowcase and open it up(should be 45″ wide) and lay it out with the main side facing towards you.
4. Then you are going to take the accent fabric you pressed and lay it across the raw edge of the pillowcase. Both raw edges will be touching. You will stitch down from the top to the bottom.
Fold open the part you just stitched and press the seem up or down(on the backside)…really does not matter.
5. Then you will fold the pillowcase with the right sides together and press. The ugly side will be facing you and the ground.
6. After pressing then all you need to do is stitch across the bottom(the end without the coordinating fabric) and then stitch up the one side.
Turn right side out and then you are all done!
I personally use a serger for my pillowcases…I can crank out 1 pillowcase every 15 minutes utilizing a serger, but this can just as easily be done with a sewing machine.
I highly suggest finding some great Halloween fabrics on Ebay…this is where I get most of my fabrics cheap! We definitely need to save $$$ in this economy. Alexander Henry always has some great Halloween fabric
RJR Trick Or Treat Parade Orange Pumpkin Black Bat Halloween Cotton Fabric BTY
Auction Ends: Sunday May-19-2013 23:31:28 PDT
| Watch this Item